HEADLINE

Security guard seeks apology from Cowboys’ Elliott

Field Level Media

May 29, 2019 at 3:33 pm.

The security guard who reportedly was knocked down by Ezekiel Elliott at a Las Vegas music festival says he wants a “sincere apology” from the Dallas Cowboys running back.

Gossip website TMZ posted a video earlier this month showing events that took place early May 18 at the Electric Daisy Carnival festival. The video shows a man identified as Elliott pushing a security guard against a metal railing, and he falls. Elliott then is handcuffed but not arrested.

Kyle Johnson, 19, told KCBS-TV in Los Angeles that he was not injured in the fall.

“I wasn’t hurt or anything, but just to have someone that you looked up to shove you on the ground over a metal fence?” Johnson said. “It’s not the biggest thing in the world, but really, nothing happened? I mean, come on.

“I did get an apology from him. It wasn’t a sincere apology. He didn’t maintain eye contact. It didn’t seem sincere at all.”

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has downplayed the incident and said he doesn’t expect Elliott to face any discipline from the league.

“In terms of his status with us, (it) has not been impacted in any way,” Jones said. “And frankly, I know how conscientious he has been in the offseason, and that’s good enough. No, I don’t see that having any consequences for us.”

Cowboys executives have indicated a desire to extend Elliott’s contract past 2020, when it is due to expire. Elliott, 23, rushed for 1,434 yards and six touchdowns in 15 games last season.